Beardy just wont eat

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have a beardy i got back in august and he eats like a pig normally. also normally pretty grumpy since we got em. hasnt changed much. but last few days he hasnt been eatting his veggies or crickets. doesnt seem to be acting differnt then normal just isnt eatting much. normally jumping at the glass trying to get the crickets before i even get the cage out lol but doesnt seem like he wants to eat anymore. Now ive heard of them not eatting cause they are trying to burmate but im not sure how that works really. I keep hearing differnt stories about that. and didnt expierance it with my first one.

Anyone have any answers for me ?
Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they go through phases when they aren't very hungry. Sometimes they lose appetite due to a shed. As long as he is active and alert he is probably OK. Just keep offering food so he can take some if he wants it. If he is acting lethargic or sleepy then it could be brumation or illness. Keep an eye out for behavior changes or weight loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom