Feeding baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
My baby dragon doest eat still food like veggies fruits and dry/wet food(not live) he would eat crickets but sometimes he would act scared of them idk how to get him eating and he doesn’t drink water at least i never saw him drink , i got him a week and 3 days ago

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
How old is the dragon ?

How heavy is it ?

If the hatchling is very young and small , essentially under 12 months old , it needs almost entirely live insect protein and LOTS of it ,
if under 3 months old , three times per day
3 months to 12 months old twice per day.

Suitable feeder insects to use as staple feeders are
>> Black soldier fly lavae (and pupae and flies - the flies are great as they are a more of challenge to catch)
>> blow fly gents (and pupae and flies , see above)
>> silkworms (for a sub 3 month old mealworm sized), about 6 months old medium (2 inch) silkworms
>> gut load and calcium dusted crickets or roaches or locusts of suitable size.
Offer FRESH salad DAILY , if any is eaten by the hatchling that's a bonus.

Is very important the crickets or roaches or locusts be NO BIGGER (Longer) than the distance between his eyes.
Give a few at time , wait for these to be caught and eaten , add a few more, repeat , repeat again until he looses interest (is full).

Make sure the UVB source is AT LEAST 10%UVB and NOT LESS THAN 25W and mounted appropriately to achieve 180-200 microW UVB / sq.cm at the basking spot.
Exactly what is the UVB source , and how and where is it mounted (how far from basking spot , ontop or under the lid) ?

Most bearded dragons wont recognize standing water as something to drink, they get their water form the LIVE insects eat (best to ensure the insects are well hydrate by feeding free leafy greens and carrot chunks) and from any grated veg or shredded greens they eat.
DRY insects ARE NOT ADEQUATE.
DRY or soft pellets are NOT ADEQUATE except as a minor supplement mixed with salad.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. No super worms they are too big for a baby. However you can try dubia roaches, Phoenix worms and silk worms

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Prayforspeedy":13eopkow said:
How about superworms?

No superworms .

If you choose give these , use only small ones which have just molted and have very soft exoskeletons , no more than a few and very rarely ==> treats / bribes ONLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom