Beardie Not Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evie has basically stopped eating, so I have been force feeding her Zilla's Jump Start, caloric supplement & appetite stimulant, watered down with some vitamins/calcium and pumpkin baby food. The only thing I can think of that has caused this was her UV light, which was replaced today by a brand new Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO light. I'm hoping once that kicks in her appetite returns. Does anyone have any other suggestion for eating. And I've been feeding her in her viv but I'm wondering if that's ideal or if feeding in a tub (tote) would be better. Her last owner I think kinda screwed her up so I'm trying to get into a better routine and schedual.(A LOT of things changed fast and a lot for her so, it's been difficult)

Also what distance should she be from the UV light-10-12" or closer? It's sitting on top of her screen.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The T5 should make a nice difference so I'd give that a week or two and see how it goes. A lot of changes may have her upset too so I'd give her time to settle unless she is losing a significant amount of weight or black bearding a lot/ acting lethargic. Yes, if the T5 is on top of the screen I'd shoot for it to be around 10'' above the main basking area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom