Worm question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRkorey

My beardie is about 7 inches long right now still a baby but he has gotten a lot bigger. He starting to finally become use to me and being handled and taken out of the tank. I would like too maybe get him some worms as a little treat for when he gets taken out. So he enjoys coming out of his tank more. My question is what worms are safe for them when they are young. I have a Petsmart by me and they sell live super worms are they any good or should I look for different ones. I can’t seem to find silkworms anywhere by me in NJ.

NYRkorey

Original Poster
That’s what I figured. And I know meal worms I think have those shells I don’t want to give him. Any other suggestions

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Phoenix worms, silk worms, hornworms (as a treat are good). Dubia roaches are good also. I usually buy my feeders on line. Way cheaper for more.

NYRkorey

Original Poster
It is way cheaper to buy crickets online but I feel they would die so quick and I would just be wasting money. I keep my crickets in a big container I got from Walmart with water pillows food, I keep it clean and some still die I usually get 200 at a time from the store so I feel if I get 500 plus they would die so quick

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd go with small silk worms or black soldier fly larvae as a treat. They are both good to mix into the rotation and work well for hand feeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom