My beardy doesn’t like salad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently got my first bearded dragon. He is around 2 years old. I’m not sure how to get him to eat veggies though. He’ll eat crickets and earth worms just fine, but he won’t touch any greens. I’ve tried collard greens, melon, carrots, okra but he won’t even touch it. It seems like he just eats his left over dragon kibble stuff ( like the stuff from a pet store). The first day I brought him home he drank out of his water bowl which I guess is strange? But for the most part when handling him he’s a normal friendly beardy? Any pointers on how to get him to eat his veggies or should I just not worry?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Keep offering it and give the salad he doesn't eat to the feeder insects (they'll gutload on it) and he'll get it through eating them.

Dragon Kibble ? what's that. What ever it is - it's very unlikely to be good for him as a staple protein source and source of nutrtition.

Insects + greens and veg , very occasionally softened pellets (MAYBE). That's it ,see this for guidance viewtopic.php?f=18&t=236074

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom