Adult bearded dragon won’t eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsianKido

My female adult bearded dragon won’t eat for some days. I give her all sorts of food but she eats here and there. Help

PodunkKhaleesi

Hatchling Member
Some common causes of an appetite issue include:
1. A temperature and/or UV light issue.
*What are your basking and cool side temperatures, and how are you measuring these? What is your UV light source (brand/model/strength if applicable)?
2. Impaction.
*What substrate are you using?
3. Parasites/illness.
* Has the beardie ever seen a vet and been tested for parasites (coccidia, pinworms, etc.)? A lack of appetite can sometimes signal a high parasite load, which can usually be diagnosed quickly with a fecal float. The majority of these issues are very easy to treat with medication.
4. Stress.
*Is the beardie in a high traffic or noisy area of the home? Loud kids, other pets (aka predators in the eyes of your lizard), being near a loud stereo speaker, etc. can sometimes stress a beardie to the point where it affects their appetite. If the answer is no, we’re there any major changes to the lizard’s environment recently?
5. Diet.
*What is your beardie’s current diet? Sometimes beardies go on hunger strikes when they’ve grown bored with an insect. Variety is the key to breaking the hunger strike in these instances. Hornworms, for example, tend to elicit an extremely excited response from a lizard that only moments before refused crickets. So info on your lizard’s current diet would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom