Slightly confused about vitamin dosing

Status
Not open for further replies.

picklet

I was told Ferdinand was about 4 months old when I bought him. No idea how accurate that is, but he's about 8 inches in length and 35grams last I weighed him. He gets about 20% veggies (rocket daily, mixed with kale, endive, blueberries, pears, etc for variety) and 80% dusted crickets, although I found a supplier for dubia roaches and will be switching over.

I am using the Komodo Advanced Nutri-Cal. The product information says:
Nutri-Cal is a complete multivitamin, packed with a precise balance of key nutrients which are essential for reptile health. Scientifically formulated to aid in the prevention of metabolic bone disease, Nutri-Cal contains calcium, D3 and a broad complex of vitamins and minerals to support growth and long term well being.

Nutri-Cal is an important tool in the feeding regime for the majority of tortoises and lizards and is designed for maximum adherence to live insects and fresh plant food. Nutri-Cal can play an important part of reptile nutrition alongside a varied and healthy diet and correct basking temperatues.

Together they are essential to enable proper and efficent digestion in reptiles. Nutri-Cal includes all the following key vitamins:

Vitamin A - to support eye health Vitamin B - to assist overall fitness and wellbeing Vitamin C - to aid the immune system and provide natural antioxidants Vitamin D - helps with calcium absorption and lowers the risk of Metabolic Bone Disease Vitamin E - to bolster growth and tissue development

It is advisable to always apply supplements to reptiles food at every meal. At times when Nutri-Cal is not being used, we recommend replacing it with Komodo's Calcium Dusting Powder.

But... how often should I dust with this? Once a day? Every other day? Because it says to replace with calcium powder when not being used, does that mean I should not be using it every day?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
You'd most likely use it only 2x of the week for beardies younger than 20 or so months since they eat every day up until then. For calcium you'd want to dust the food 5x a week, make sure this one has no D3 added into it.
I usually do multivitamins on weekends, and calcium on weekdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom