How much to feed my 10 month old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easton7715

Hi I got my bearded dragon recently and I have been feeding it bok choy (chineese lettuce) once a day and meal worms dusted in calcium twice a week. I'm affraid that I'm not feeding him enough. I give him a bath ever other day and he has VERY stinkey and pretty liqudly poo. What do I do? Do I feed him more worms? Anyway thanks in advance.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Most worms can not be a staple diet like mealworms or superworms, they can be added into the diet for variety along side staple feeders like roaches and crickets. The liquidy poo and a worse than normal smell could mean parasites from what ive heard.

This is just an overall list of how to feed them, gives you staple feeders, treat feeders, when to dust things like that.
By the way i recommend dubiaroaches.com for dubia roaches and calciworms, and flukerfarms for crickets.

1-4 months eat 3 times a day, 4-12 months eat 2 times a day, 12-20 months eat once a day, and then 20+ months eat every other day. Each feeding consists of around 10-20 bugs.

The type of staple feeder bugs you should use are crickets, dubia roaches, turkish roaches, silkworms, grasshoppers, and
calci-worms/phoenix worms/nutrigrubs/BSFL.
For the BSFL make sure you also give one of the other feeders as well when feeding this.
If able to feed all insects a nice staple meal would probably look like this
5 dubia roaches, 5 turkish roaches, 3 silkworms, 3 BSFL, 3 crickets, and 1-2 grasshoppers.
Make sure to change it up each feed with different amounts.

For treats you could use mealworms, superworms, hornworms, waxworms, or butterworms.

Only give around 5-10 mealworms a day or feeding. -Not much protein, not a good calcium to phosphorus ratio.
Only 2-4 superworms every two days or every other day. -High in fat, can cause fatty liver disease if given too many.
Only 3-6 Hornworms a day or every other day. - low fat but high moisture constant, can cause diarrhea if given too much.
Only 2-4 waxworms every two days or every other day. - High fat, can cause fatty liver disease if given too many.
Only 3-6 butterworms every day or every other day. - Low fat, good protein, however they go through radiation when being transported. Could result in a possible sickness if given too many. Possible staple feeder if they didnt go through radiation.

Daily Salads shoud consist of this collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, cactus pad (no spines, raw), cactus pear (prickly pear), dandelion greens, endive, escarole, acorn/butternut (winter)/Hubbard/scallop/spaghetti/ summer squash's can all be fed daily.
Another green of sorts you can give is kale, but only occasionally. Same goes for carrots.
Fruits should be fed once or twice a week in a mix of staple greens, here are few that can be fed, bananas, red raspberries, blueberries, kiwi, pineapple and strawberries.

Supplements are a way to give your beardie what it needs as they would have a more varied diet in the wild.
Calcium and multivitamins without any D3 is preferred.

Less than 20+ months -
Monday-Friday calcium dusted on at least one feeding if not all insects.
Saturday-Sunday Multivitamins dusted on at least one feeding if not all insects.

More or at 20+ months -
Monday, Wednesday, Friday calcium dusted on all insects.
Sunday multivitamins dusted on all insects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom