How to feed my bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceG123

Is there a certain way you should give your bearded dragons it's food? I usually feed in a separate bin but is there different ways I could do it? I usually feed him Dubia roaches. can I put them in a dish and see if he eats them from there or just stick with feeding in a separate bin.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
If you have a non particle substrate(reptile carpet,paper towel, blank newsheet, tile, etc), you can just dump the Dubia in the tank, with crickets you can't.

VinceG123

Original Poster
KeyBlu422":su2b59do said:
If you have a non particle substrate(reptile carpet,paper towel, blank newsheet, tile, etc), you can just dump the Dubia in the tank, with crickets you can't.
I thought about that but won't they just run and hide?

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
They can but unless they get under a Repti carpet or climb up something that the beardy can't, he should be able to track them down. If they stop moving to avoid attention, just poke them and your beardy should notice them.

VinceG123

Original Poster
KeyBlu422":3ns4tcy5 said:
They can but unless they get under a Repti carpet or climb up something that the beardy can't, he should be able to track them down. If they stop moving to avoid attention, just poke them and your beardy should notice them.
Yeah that makes sense. But just keep them in the tank during its feeding time and not all day right?

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
I'm pretty sure you can just leave them in as they don't usually bite like a cricket would. Plus, I don't think they like the attention(based on their statue-like behavior when a beardy is seen). If you are truly worried but don't want to have to take them out, you might consider leaving a carrot or something that they can eat and drink from.

ebarlo14

It could be OK to leave them in there... I've never dealt with roaches before, however I do use crickets more often than not and it is bad for them to be left in there because when your beardie is no longer hungry he will simply stop eating and when the roaches see s/he is not attacking anymore they will calm down and usually even go all around him, essentially taunting him. And since bearded dragons tend to like to be dominant it stresses them out.

VinceG123

Original Poster
ebarlo14":2o9stnug said:
It could be OK to leave them in there... I've never dealt with roaches before, however I do use crickets more often than not and it is bad for them to be left in there because when your beardie is no longer hungry he will simply stop eating and when the roaches see s/he is not attacking anymore they will calm down and usually even go all around him, essentially taunting him. And since bearded dragons tend to like to be dominant it stresses them out.
Yeah that's what I've heard too. Well I'll try it out see how it goes. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom