2yr old dragon will not eat veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camhabit

Hello everyone, I adopted a 2yr old beardie about a month ago and she still will not eat her veggies. I've tried almost every trick possible and she refuses.. I tried not giving her insects and it has been 4 days and I finally broke. Do I need to go longer? Sometimes when I come home she will eat some (barely), but not close to what she should be. Any tricks or tips that worked for you guys? It's stressing me out..

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Dry dropping a tasty worm in the salad and she'll probably eat the salad on accident when she tries to eat the worm or she'll eat the salad to get the worm, let her see it but then hide it under a collard leaf or whatever veggie your providing.

Camhabit

Original Poster
KeyBlu422":9h8lz43g said:
Dry dropping a tasty worm in the salad and she'll probably eat the salad on accident when she tries to eat the worm or she'll eat the salad to get the worm, let her see it but then hide it under a collard leaf or whatever veggie your providing.

I've tried this today...but I don't know what insect is best for this? I used a superworms but I realize that's a bit excessive especially that 1 worm = 1 leaf basically lol. But will I have to do this forever ?

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
No, just drop in a couple and as your beardy eats more salad, you can probably drop the number of worms in the salad at at a gradual rate. If you only give him like one after he starts to eat more salad and he decides to leave the salad, try waving a veggie in his face at a slow but steady pace, throw in something sweet like butternut squash, or a couple pieces of fruit(don't give too many fruits in the salad as they aren't the best for beardies either, just as a treat/bribery to get the beardy to eat the salad), or, if all else fails, leave him with only salad and eventually he'll come around.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Also, superworms will not work if you throw in a couple each time you give a salad, instead go with a hornworm,silkworm, or a Phoenix/reptiworm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom