Translating to danish

Status
Not open for further replies.

erlabella

Hello :)

Does anyone know what these greens are called in danish?

- collard greens
- turnip greens
- mustard greens
- dandelion greens

I’m having trouble finding them cause i don’t know what it’s called.

Xazzak

Hatchling Member
Have you tried Google searches (i.e. Turnip Greens in Danish)? You could also try a great smartphone app for language translation, called 'Google Translate'. You can speak in a multitude of languages, and choose your output language. Some languages have audio output (Danish has audio), but you will get the written versions no matter the language.

I hope this helps.

picklet

If it helps, løvetann is Norwegian for dandelion. I know the two languages are very similar.

I've had a lot of luck finding the Norwegian word for plants by finding the Latin name and then googling that, which usually takes me to the Norwegian wikipedia which will give me the common name.

erlabella

Original Poster

I’ve tried google translate and wikipedia and everything else I can think of. The reason I’m asking is because google translate isn’t always accurate and neither is wikipedia. I would just like know what it’s called, from a Danish person since they would know what I’m talking about :)

Collard greens = marvkål?
Turnip (greens) = majroe
Mustard greens = sareptasennep?
Dandelion (greens) = mælkebøtte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom