Need help, Dragon only eats things that are moving a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idean12

Original Poster
Well I've got some, probably bad, news. We've decided as a family that we need to find Lizzie a new home. My girlfriend and I are going to be studying abroad next semester and my parents are too busy with work to take care of Lizzie's demanding needs. She really needs an experienced bearded dragon owner who will be willing to work with her and give her the attention she deserves, she's a phenomenal dragon and I care about her dearly but I just can't provide her with the life she deserves. If anyone who's helped me so far wants to take on another beardie please consider taking on Lizzie, she's cute and funny and great to have around and I really wish I didn't have to find her another home. She can be a massive handful, she needs special attention around feeding time unless you've got some sort of set up that allows you to just have the insects run around in the tank without supervision. She apparently loves hornworms and does well with dubia roaches. I will give the person who takes her all of her stuff that I've bought for her since I got her, as well as her tank if they need it, however, I would be truly grateful if her new owner would get her a 75 gallon tank, her current one is absolutely too small and she needs something larger to be happy. If you live in Southern California you can pick her up from my house, if you really can't make the journey to get her I think I can convince my girlfriend to have us take her to you as long as you're not too far away. I'd like $100 to rehouse her, but honestly that's negotiable and not at all important to me, my main concern is making sure she goes to someone who really knows what they're doing, someone that will love her and give her the best life possible. I would keep her myself but it doesn't seem to be the time in my life where I can handle an animal that can live as long as a beardie can.. I regret even having to make this post but please, if anyone out there loves beardies and wants to give a great bearded dragon a home to call her own, please contact me.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear you have to find a new home for her. It's the right decision if you're unable to give her proper care though. I hope you find a happy home for her soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom