Baby beardie feeding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRkorey

I know it is not recommended to leave crickets in during the day. He is relatively new to his tank got him a couple days ago. Seems a little shy to eat when I’m in the room. My question is I leave for work around 620am I’m up around 545am. My light comes on at 5 to give him some time to wake up. When I put the crickets in in the morning he only seems to eat about 2-3 with me there then the couple rest of the crickets just wander around. My question is I know it’s not good to leave crickets in the tank while I’m gone all day but I want him to eat his live food. If before I leave he doesn’t eat any more crickets should I just pull them out? And let him just eat greens all day until I get back home at 4Pm

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Its not during the day you have to worry about, its at night as the beardie wont be awake and able to get away from them if they try biting him.

Just throw in 10-15 crickets in there once hes woken up and then when you get home, clean those out see how many he ate while you were gone.

NYRkorey

Original Poster
Okay awesome. That’s what I’ll do then. I was worried about that because I didn’t know I could leave them in there while I’m at work good to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom