Baby dragon question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRkorey

So my baby dragon this evening it’s about 530EST time. Only ate about 8-9 crickets then just plunged out on his branch and didn’t seem to want any of the others. I feel for a meal only 8-9 crickets is not a lot at all. Should I just take the rest of the crickets out there is only 2-3 left in his tank or just wait a bit and see if he eats them. I don’t want to leave them in there overnight

Babies will sometimes turn their nose at food if there is another stimulant outside. Like you standing at the cage or an odd noise etc. Babies are quite skittish and actually dont eat a lot until they're more "teenager" age. Definitely dont leave crickets in overnight as they will bite him while hes sleeping and cause stress.

How old is he and how long is he?

NYRkorey

Original Poster
He is about 6 inches he is def a baby and I was standing by the tank which is my fault. He is fairly new. He’s been very active which is good! But I was just concerned about the eating. He did eat fresh greens out of my hand earlier also

At 6 inches 8-9 doesnt sound like its too little. Especially if hes fairly new to the new surroundings. Youre not doing anything wrong by standing and watching! Its just something he'll have to get used to which will take time. Thats also wonderful that he ate from your hand! Thats great for bonding. I wish you the best of luck with your new beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom