Dead crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
A girl at the pet store told me I one cricket does it releases toxic poison that kills the rest... Is this true? The crickets i got actually all died within like one day lol. Do I feed him the dead ones or could it be harmful?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I believe if they are crowded it will happen. I wouldn't use any dead ones. Can you order bulk ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, bad weather everywhere. Check your weather next week + see if there's a few days that will be warm enough for shipping.

Are you keeping crix in a small or large container ?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, keeping them in a large container would be much better. Check in classifieds or craigslist, sometimes people will have extra feeders they will sell off.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
More likely the crickets that died were sick , crickets are cannibalistic and will eat sick and dead crickets (for the moisture mostly) and this will spread what ever killed the crickets and cause more to die.

I don't leave sick / lethargic crickets or dead crickets in the cricket storage tubs, I remove them and if they are still fresh the wild skinks and birds get them.

I think keeping large numbers of crickets in bulb bin is a bad idea, i separate my bulk orders of 750 - 1000 crickets into small tubs that house 70-80 , and this way if some crickets arrive sick , i might loose 2 or 3 tubs from 10 - 12 tubs instead of the whole batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom