Weird Eating Habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie, Peach, is a very picky and light eater. She'll only eat mealworms one week and then the next she wants crickets, other times she wants nothing. Except bananas, she'll tear up those. She's never been one to eat salad too, so I give her vegetarian critical care that we got from the vet.

Anyways, I think I've finally figured out her newest habit. I have her on an afternoon feeding schedule (she'll only eat once a day) and most the time she won't eat during then. But when I eat, she'll get very active and start running and even jumping around her tank. So far she's always eaten when I'm eating. Has anyone ever had a beardie that does that?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's pretty common for them to be picky and hold out for their favorites. How old is Peach? How much does she weigh?

RosieBear0304

Original Poster
Drache613":2wn40fjc said:
Moved by Moderator from General to Feeding
I'm assuming she's a year old now. I got her in March and by then I think she was a couple months old. I'm worried about HOW picky she is. And she's extremely skinny, no matter how much I bathe her she's always wrinkly, and when I put her next to my sister's dragon who is younger, she looks scrawny. She'll go weeks without eating, and then when she eats it'll only be a few crickets or mealworms. HOWEVER, this week she started eating TONS. She eats all her crickets, mealworms, wax worms, bananas and squash (she won't eat any veggies except squash and even then the squash has to be mixed with a bit of banana).
But her fasting episode lasted 2-3 months, and now I'm worried she's gotten brittle bones. She's finally eating, but her back toe and front foot are swollen and broken, she won't use her front foot. Since its only the tiny bones that have broken, I'm hoping it'll stop there and reverse itself? Especially since it took her jumping around during a bath to break them. At this point I don't pick her up or anything, and just slide her to a corner so she can just wait for crickets to pass by and grab them. I still give some critical care since it's great for calcium. Sorry for the late response, I don't get notifications when I have replies on posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom