How do I get baby beardie to eat salad

Status
Not open for further replies.

pferrell

95904-2866206183.jpg
This is what I come home to almost every day, a big ole dookie in the salad bowl. How can I make him not despise it so much? He is about 7-8 inches long

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You may not be able to. When they're little they often prefer bugs so they get enough protein to support their growth spurts. The extra salad (that hasn't been pooped in) can be fed to your bugs (roaches and crickets anyway). Just keep salad available regularly so it's a familiar option. When their growth slows at around 12-18 months old, they slowly transition to mainly vegetarian so it's important they start digging into a nice varied salad at that point. If it's already familiar that sometimes makes it easier.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Best to offer fresh shredded greens and grated veg daily , but a young hatchling may not regard the stuff as food.

So --- use the uneaten greens and veg to gut the crickets/roaches/locusts , the little hatchling will get vitamin enriched insects this way ,

fijea

As mentioned above, young beardies prefer live food.

But if you want to, maybe you can try slipping in a vegie into their mouth while they're munching their live food.
At least it worked with my beardie.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
little ones tend not to eat fruits and veggies as much as bigger ones but feed him good live foods because in a year he will love fruit and veggies.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Sat a young age, beardies don't need to consume many greens and instead focus on protein. When they're older though, you can not give them any protein for a short while and only give salad. When hunger sets in, he/she would eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom