Where can i order mustard, collard and/or turnip greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erlabella

Hello, this is a stupid question, but does anyone know any webside that sells mustard, collard and/or turnip greens? I can’t find any stores in my country that has them, so i’ll have to order online (if that’s even possible) Are there any websites in Europe (UK or Scandinavia) that ship groceries to other countries? I’ve looked into asda and tesco, but they’re only available in the UK. Any help would be appreciated, thanks :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a tough one. I've never seen them sold online, especially across borders. Might be easier within the EU I suppose. What do you have available locally? Perhaps you can substitute some other veges in. The key is to offer a healthy variety and food that is as fresh as possible. The list suggestions are some good options but not the only good options available for a healthy diet.

erlabella

Original Poster
CooperDragon":40knef92 said:
That's a tough one. I've never seen them sold online, especially across borders. Might be easier within the EU I suppose. What do you have available locally? Perhaps you can substitute some other veges in. The key is to offer a healthy variety and food that is as fresh as possible. The list suggestions are some good options but not the only good options available for a healthy diet.

Yeah, that’s what I tought. I’m asking just in case there are any websites that sell online, which I don’t know about.

I have access to:
- napa cabbage
- garden rocket/arugula
- red and white cabbage
- pointed cabbage
- wild handpicked dandelions from outside (no chemicals added) however, these are not around in the winter

- zucchini
- sweet potatoes
- cucumber
- carrots
- bell peppers
- and other common veggies

- apples
- pears
- bananas
- grapes
- mangoes
- and other common fruits

Do any of these make good staples?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Rocket is good. I'd use plenty of that and mix in some cabbage occasionally and see how that goes. The dandelion greens are great and I'd offer them whenever you can find them. They are pretty seasonal here too. Zucchini and bell pepper are great to add to salads and I use them a lot, especially zucchini and yellow squash. I like to use a wide variety of squash and they are pretty popular. Sweet potato is OK occasionally. I usually cook one for myself and save some and roll it up into small worm shapes. I'd just use fruit as on occasional treat or salad topping. Most of the diet should be veges. I think you can provide a good diet just rotating in what you have available based on what is fresh.

erlabella

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3tqef0ta said:
Rocket is good. I'd use plenty of that and mix in some cabbage occasionally and see how that goes. The dandelion greens are great and I'd offer them whenever you can find them. They are pretty seasonal here too. Zucchini and bell pepper are great to add to salads and I use them a lot, especially zucchini and yellow squash. I like to use a wide variety of squash and they are pretty popular. Sweet potato is OK occasionally. I usually cook one for myself and save some and roll it up into small worm shapes. I'd just use fruit as on occasional treat or salad topping. Most of the diet should be veges. I think you can provide a good diet just rotating in what you have available based on what is fresh.

Sounds great! I usually give them rocket everyday. It’s their favorite. Would rocket mixed with dandelions be a good staple?

When you say occasionally, how many days a week would that refer to? Should I feed them zucchini and bell peppers often? I don’t think I have access to any other types of squashes here (maybe a few).

I gave them raw grated sweet potatoes a few days ago and they liked it a lot. I don’t know if I should cook it or not. My bird usually gets the same type of veggies I give my beardies which makes it alot easier to prepare their food :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that sounds great. You don't have to cook the potato. Grating it is fine. I just cook mine because I eat it too =). The squash can definitely be offered daily. That is a major staple for my dragon. It provides lots of hydration and is a healthy option. The bell peppers can be offered pretty frequently too if they like it. There isn't really a set amount for each food. I would just offer more rocket and dandelions than cabbage. It could be offering at different days or just in different proportions. Try to offer as much variety as you can, that's the key.

erlabella

Original Poster
CooperDragon":36jxhrxi said:
Yeah that sounds great. You don't have to cook the potato. Grating it is fine. I just cook mine because I eat it too =). The squash can definitely be offered daily. That is a major staple for my dragon. It provides lots of hydration and is a healthy option. The bell peppers can be offered pretty frequently too if they like it. There isn't really a set amount for each food. I would just offer more rocket and dandelions than cabbage. It could be offering at different days or just in different proportions. Try to offer as much variety as you can, that's the key.

Okay thanks a lot :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom