Question on Food Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am considering getting a beardy and was wondering about food times. I read somewhere that they need to be feed 2-3 times a day, but I leave the house at 7:30am and am not back until around 3:30Pm, so I was wondering if it would be okay if I feed him before i left, and then when I come back at the end of the day. Also, is there any good food I can buy them online?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
You really only need to feed babies and juveniles that much. Sub adults and adults on the other hand need to be fed once a day and then adults usually every other day or 2-3 times a week.
For me ive created a little thing according to ages and how much they should eat for a normal healthy beardie.
1-4 months 3 times a day 10-20 bugs each feeding, 4-12 months 2 times a day 10-20 bugs each feeding, 12-20 months 1 times a day 10-20 bugs each feeding, 20+ months every other day or 2-3 times a week 10-20 bugs each feeding.
Calcium dusted 5 times a week and multivitamins twice a week for all ages.
And of course salads daily.
I'd probably recommend throwing in 10 crickets in the morning if you get a 1-12 month old and then depending on the age feed it at 3 and 6 or just 3 pm.
I usually go to dubiaroaches.com for dubias which is a lot better than crickets, but generally crickets, dubias, red runners/turkish roaches, calciworms and silkworms are good staple feeders and can be found on quite a few sites like amazon or ebay.
I'd stay away from mealworms and superworms entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom