Think I fed my baby something too big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Targ

Hey everyone! I have a 3-4 month old leather back who is about 9 inches. I'd been feeding her superworms which are terrible! She was constipated for a bit, which I cleared up with some help from olive oil. It was quite the escapade.

Now, we are on a healthy diet of hornworms, phoenix, silk, dubias, and crickys. I stupidly offered her a massive hornworm which she ANNIHILATED yesterday! Later, some dubias. She usually poops every morning, but I haven't seen her go yet. I'm scared the size of the hornworm may have constipated her, though I've read that hornworms are very soft for the dragon to process. Though, she's so young. I'm afraid of having another constipation issue right after we solved another dietary issue! Thanks everyone!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just how massive was the hornworm and why did you give it to her ? She may be just fine but only time will tell if she gets constipated or impacted. It's true that the size of the insect can be much larger with a soft bodied larva but it still should be within reason. Sometimes they will throw up a too large meal. Hopefully she'll astound you + be perfectly fine. If she was able to " inhale " it it probably wasn't too large. A really large one is almost the size of a small/average finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom