How many medium locusts

Status
Not open for further replies.

flitterfoot

We have a 6 month old male bearded dragon and are not sure if we are under or over feeding him. All the forums say around 40-50 crickets but our little one eats calci worms and locusts and I know there's a size difference between locusts and crickets.

He generally eats between 15 and 20 calci worms mid morning and has approximately 20 2-3cm locusts around about 5pm, he doesn't always eat the locusts straight away, sometimes he grazes on them through the evening. He has spring greens evey day which he sometimes eats and sometimes doesn't, to his greens we add either sweet potato, butternut squash, mango or papaya to give him some variety. We dust his locusts, but not the worms or the greens, with calcium and twice a week with vitamins.

Is he eating enough or are we starving him? He seems happy enough and doesn't usually dive on the locusts as soon as you put them in his viv, although he'll eat all of them at once if we hand feed him them.

Also he's recently been introduced to morio worms and goes crazy for them, should we introduce these into his diet, he's 17.5 inches long and weighs 338 grams

Thanks for any advice

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At that age I would offer 1-2 bug meals per day all he wants in a 10min (ish) window or until he loses interest. The actual number will vary. I would only offer morio worms as a treat as part of a balanced bug diet. I would also continue to offer salads as you've been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom