am i over feeding or under feeding my beardie??

Status
Not open for further replies.

afreeborn

Hi
I have a a dragon. His name is pete. I got him in July as a baby he is about a foot long and got real big. He is currently a little gooble guts. I buy crickets all the time for him, i feel somtimes im giving him to much between his veggies and crickets. Sometimes he can eat like 15 crickets or more and it seems like its still not enough, he seems like he is Always hungry even though i feed him quite well 2 times a day. Am i not feeding him enough? How many crickets is too many. When i walk in the room past his tank hes staring me down as if to say "hey feed me!" And if i have a string hanginging of my shirt or anything like that hes trying to eat it. Why is that? I feel hes getting a bit agressive when it comes to food. Can someone tell me if i am doing somthing wrong? Thanks

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I believe you should be giving him as many as he can eat in 10-15 minutes, 2-3 times a day. He sounds like he's growing fast. Some like charting thier weight.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you are just finding out that beardies are eating machines. :) He would be about 6-7 months old ? He can eat up to 30 crickets a day, so double what you give him but do it in 2 feedings. Some people will say they can eat 90-100 [ they can ] but generally that is when the crix are a smaller size than they need to be and if the size was increased appropriately they would eat far fewer bugs.

Do you feed him any veggies ? Try greens like turnip, mustard, collards, dandelion, arugula and other veg. like squash + green beans. Veggies are very important, esp. as they get older. Many beardies are developing gout and at times liver at younger + younger ages [ from a high protein or all protein diet ] So trying to get them to eat veggies is a good idea.

Do you have pics of your cricket monster as well as his tank ? Here' how to post :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom