Transitioning off of "Sick" Veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

Hello lovelies! I'm actually doing pretty well with this topic myself but I just wanted to know if anyone else had any ideas?
So Chip had an URI a little bit ago, and basically lost his appetite altogether. He was such a sad little potato while he was sick, I had to hand feed him soft foods. While he was sick he basically ate soft Repashy and a couple different organic baby foods.
Luckily he's all better now! And his diet is getting better too. We're able to eat a few different types of worms (wax, meal, super, calcium) as long as I'm there to make sure they don't escape the bowl (because honestly he'll never find them). We still do insects entirely in one sitting, no free hunting as of the moment. And then after that I put him back in his house with his veggies. Currently the only solid veggies I can get him on are collard greens and turnip greens. BUT his favorite food, by far is still baby food-specifically butternut squash. I've made him butternut squash at home, nope, won't touch it.
What are some ways to transition him over to more solid veggies? Or should I even bother? He eats the babyfood like crazy and it's literally just squash and water (idk what's wrong with MY squash and water, but there it is for you).
Also, what are some softer veggies that he might be willing to try out on his own? I think it really is a texture thing- he loves carrot baby food, but when it came to peeled carrot, he took a bite and spit it out.
As I said, he's eating his staple greens and doing pretty well on the protein (we sometimes supplement with repashy still, but not often), so I'm not too concerned, but I'm just looking to mix it up!
Thank you guys <3

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Baby food tends to have extra stuff like sugar and artificial flavorings mixed in to make it taste better, so it's little wonder that Chip prefers baby food to the real deal. Keep being persistent, and eventually he'll give in. Just keep offering a variety of things for him to try — who knows, you might discover a new favorite. My beardie is particularly fond of cilantro, for example. Take this with you to the grocery store: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom