Nutrition/Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I cannot get my 6 month old beardie to eat. The only thing he will eat is waxworms and hornworms and I know waxworms cannot be fed to them for every meal and I cannot afford to feed him hornworms for every meal. I saw from someone on this website they beardies really like chicken and beef baby food. Has anyone tried this/heard of this? Is there any sort of nutritional value in chicken and beef baby food for beardies?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I reserve baby food for critical situations with sick dragons who can't eat on their own. The baby food does provide a bit of nutrition and hydration but it's not ideal.

Have you tried black soldier fly larvae? You can buy them in bulk for a pretty good price (symtonbsf) and they are nutritious. They are small though so they can go through quite a few of them. Another healthy option would be silk worms. They're a bit more expensive unless you hatch and raise your own and they tend to be more seasonal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom