Tips on getting my spoiled baby to eat his greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At that age I wouldn't worry about it too much. Keep the salad available and let him dig in if he wants. It's not a big deal if he prefers bugs at that age though.

Try a reptile salad dressing. They make salad dressing for bearded dragons that will increase salad appitite (strawberry)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
At his age the priority is keeping up the supply of high quality live insects & dietary calcium. His diet should be = insects , as many as he wants twice per day , greens and veg daily if he nibbles on them - some will nibble on the sly as they are shy of being people watching them eat.

I found it was helpful to weigh the greens & grated veg before the hatchling / juvenile gets it, and again after the dragon has gone to sleep , the difference is a combination of drying & and what's been nibbled.
The loss in weight by drying is easy assessed by doing a simple experiment of leaving some out for the day and weighing it before and after.

Offer him greens and grated / finely diced veg daily but if he shows no interest in them don't obsess over it .
Simply give the uneaten veg and greens to the crickets / locusts / roaches as their gutload/food and source of hydration. He'll get them in disguise that way and will get the benefits he would have otherwise received anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom