feeders from best to worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracarys1

Hi everyone
I have a 3 months old BD, currently eating superworms, discoids and crickets.
But I was told supers are fattening, so here is my question.
If you have to list the feeders for as staple, from best to worst in order, how would it go?
Appreciate the help

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't think of it as a best to worst list but rather what is the best variety you can offer based on what's available. Discoids and crickets are a good staple. Are you in an area (Florida, Canada, etc) that bans dubia? Discoids and horseshoe crab roaches among others are good alternatives to dubia. I like offering black soldier fly larvae. They are quite small though so they can eat a lot. They also pass through undigested sometimes if they aren't chewed well. Silk worms are good to add to the rotation but can be expensive and fragile to ship. They aren't always available either. I also like hornworms which are high in protein and very hydrating but can get very large so they're better for adult dragons who can chew them down easily. The smaller sizes are fine for young dragons though. Supers are still fine as a treat but I don't offer them as a staple. It all comes down to variety. It's good to have a staple bug that is relatively easy to keep and you can maintain a lot of so it's always on hand, but it's good to offer variety in rotation as you can get it too. Same goes for veges in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom