Picky eating g

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can I do if my beardie will not eat? He is only 6 months old and I can not get him to eat. I tried super worms, butter worms, hornworms, nutrigrubs, and veggies. The vet says he is very healthy but I do not understand why he is not eating. It is very frustrating because the only thing he will eat is hornworms and I cannot afford to feed him only hornworms all day every day. Someone please help.

hmmm that’s a tough one!! have you tried crickets? they move around a lot and that usually gets beardies interested, plus they’re a lot cheaper than hornworms. if i were you i would just not feed him hornworms at all and wait it out until he eats what he is supposed to. if you are concerned with him getting the nutrition he needs tho i would suggest asking your vet about carnivore care. it’s a powder that you mix with liquid and give to your beardie. it’s a good way to ensure he’s getting what he needs while waiting him out of the hornworms

ejuncker16

Original Poster
Yes I have tried crickets and I recently stopped buying them because he does eat them either! He seems scared of them or something. I usually hand feed him and when I try to feed him he runs away from the crickets and superworms. I haven’t tried crickets in a while though so I was thinking about getting some more today. I will look into the carnivore care though. I am definitely very concerned about him not getting he proper nutrition. How can I feed him this carnivore care if he does not eat? What is a good way to administer it to him? Thank you for the information!

no problem, and what my vet recommends is to mix it with water usually one part of the powder and two parts of water. beware tho, it smells horrible, and when it’s mixed with water it smells even worse. i think that’s part of the reason why my beardie likes it so much, but unfortunately he ends up smelling like it too after drinking it!!

ejuncker16

Original Poster
my beardie doesnt usually drink water. I have to bathe him and mist him so he stays hydrated because he will not drink from a bowl. Do you think I could use a medicine dropper to put it in his mouth? Is carnivore care expensive? Could I get it from a pet store or do I have to get it from my vet?

yeah that’s what i do. i have a bunch of it in a bottle with a dropper for a cap. it isnt too expensive you can get a bag for around $15 and it lasts for a really long time because you don’t need a lot. i would suggest getting it from your vet so that they can be the final judge as to whether he needs it or not, but if you just want to get it the company that manufactures it is oxbow animal health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom