Chunky Beardie.. Overfeeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!

Cleo is anywhere from 9 months to 1 year old, and I think I may be overfeeding her. I feed her crickets once in the morning and once at night, with greens in the afternoon. I usually don't count how many crickets I toss in there each day, I just kind of eye it. She's probably eating between 15-25 crickets everyday. I didn't think that was excessive, but she'd been looking pretty chunky. Her belly droops, and she's so round!! People are starting to say more and more, "Oh wow, she's fat. Is she supposed to look like that?"

I'm not sure what to do exactly to fix this. Should I maybe feed her crickets once a day with greens? Or should I still feed her crickets twice a day, just less? She's getting older so I know it's going to be time to cut back on her protein anyway, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

melissamott124

Original Poster
Hey AHBD, sure! I'm just concerned really because a friend who deals with beardies a lot is saying she's looking a bit tubby. I should also note, she's reeeally lazy. She loves laying on her hammock all day, and when I take her out she usually just finds a comfy hide-hole to lay in. Here's some pics!

92042-9127581510.jpg

92042-350969560.jpg

92042-3468631767.jpg

92042-5448053265.jpg

Don't mind my panda bear pajama pants, lol! :lol:

Thanks again,
Melissa

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your Panda jammies look very comfy, now if you were shopping at Walmart.... :)
But yes, she is a bit tubby, just do whatever suits your schedule, either 2 feedings but reduced amount of bugs or just one feeding of bugs as well as greens every day [ greens for either way you decide ] She's still going to grow a bit so food reduction shouldn't be drastic, just a bit of adjustment.

melissamott124

Original Poster
LOL thanks, they are! :lol:

But okay great I'll definitely reduce a bit and see if there's any positive changes. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom