Reason for eating greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardy815

So my bearded dragon I got in May 2016, she really had not eaten any greens at all until very recently. I tried putting worms in collared/dandelions as well as butternut squash and peppers etc. She would pick out the worms not eat any greens. I pretty much gave up on buying veggies, they'd always go to waste. She pretty much has eaten nothing but bugs.

Shes about two years old, and I decided to give it another shot the other day. I bought escarole and arugala and put it in a dish and went to work. It was all gone when I got home. Now anytime I put the greens in her dish she devours them.

Why did she randomly start eating the veggies after so long showing 0 interest? Is it because she didn't like collared/dandelions and likes escarole/arugala... or maybe an age thing?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
When they are younger, they don't ususally care much for veggies, but as they get older they are (usually) more acceptive. At two years your beardie shouldn't be feed a ton of bugs, most of her diet should be greens. Adding colorful things like squash and carrots also help to 'spice it up' :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom