Loss of appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I posted on here that my dragon didn’t digest his crickets two nights ago and he either threw them up or the passed through him weirdly. Yesterday he didn’t eat much and today I offered him the roaches that he loves and he only ate three. He’s been basking under him basking and uvb bulbs, he’s responsive, just not eating. He doesn’t look to be shedding and he is far too young to be brumating. Is he alright?

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Regurgitation is a traumatic experience for bearded dragons. After all, you're not in the mood to go out for ice cream after throwing up, right? Let his digestive tract rest and heal up for a week. Keep offering greens, but wait on the bugs for a week or so.

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Those are actually really cold for a bearded dragon, which explains the regurgitation. When bearded dragons can't get warm enough, they're unable to digest their food, which means they either have to regurgitate or let it rot inside of them. It's really quite awful being cold-blooded.

Temps need to be at 105-110 in the basking area and minimum 80 on the cool end. At night temps can drop to 70, but no lower. Since your dragon is recovering from regurgitation, I would recommend minimum 75.

You can bump the temps up by increasing bulb wattage, adding a ceramic heat emitter (CHE) on a thermostat/dimmer, or using a space heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom