How many should I feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris101

Heyo
I have a 3 month old beardie, barely reaching 9 1/2 inches and i fed him today and he had eaten about 60 crickets total including 4 mealworms. He ate about 4 in the morning, about 35 in the afternoon and about 20 at night. I was just wondering if its too much that he'd be overfeeding and i should cut it down. I do like where his weights at, he used to be pretty skinny, but the fact that hes eating a lot more makes me happy. The crickets are 3/8 inch, slightly smaller than the width between his eyes.
Also, i notice that when i order my crickets, i get them from flukers farms, that there are some weird black, small sow bug looking insects in there with them. Idk if anyone else has this too. Just wondering if i am able to feed them also or if i should get rid of them because theyre bad for the crickets. Thank u, any replies are helpful

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
You cant really overfeed a young beardie, just let him have as many as he wants in 10-15 minutes each time and then by 12 months feed him once a day with however many he wants within 10-15 minutes. I probably wouldnt feed the stuff that comes with the crickets, i believe their cleaners.

IgneelsTamer

VenusAndSaturn":vp7urqp4 said:
You cant really overfeed a young beardie, just let him have as many as he wants in 10-15 minutes each time and then by 12 months feed him once a day with however many he wants within 10-15 minutes. I probably wouldnt feed the stuff that comes with the crickets, i believe their cleaners.

Are you referring to the cardboard piece that's thrown in?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
No im referring to the bugs he was talking about that came in with the crickets, im pretty sure their a larvae stage of some sort of cleaner beetle.

IgneelsTamer

VenusAndSaturn":glrvdh4c said:
No im referring to the bugs he was talking about that came in with the crickets, im pretty sure their a larvae stage of some sort of cleaner beetle.

Ah. Isn't there something about gutloading crickets and then feeding the crickets to the beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom