Baby Bearded dragon not eating anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwayne8

Just got another new baby Bearded dragon and he hasn’t shown any interest in eating anything! It’s been 14 days and he sits under the basking light with his eyes closed most of the time! He was active and all over the cage where I got him and as soon as I got him the next day he went through a full body shed!

He still is shedding on his feet and tail looks like it’s next!

Iv been trying to give him some repta boost and he takes a little bit of it but it still isn’t helping him to eat!

Could it be relocation stress and shedding on top of that!? Help I need a answer?

All my lights and temps are on point and using repti carpet for substrate! Haven’t seen him poop in a couple days either!

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
It could be relocation stress however to make sure your temps and lighting are fine can you send me a picture of the enclosure along with what the temps are, what your using to monitor them and your uvb bulb. And what are you feeding him?

Jwayne8

Original Poster
destiny1998":36h41e2l said:
Hi. Can he see the other one? That might be causing issues if he can.

No i did have them together cause they were in the same clutch but I have separated them now and they can’t see each other!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could just be the timing of the shed. I would keep offering food and see if he starts eating again as the shed finishes.

Jwayne8

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1ld8z1d5 said:
It could just be the timing of the shed. I would keep offering food and see if he starts eating again as the shed finishes.

Yeah that’s what I thought but his body is done shedding and still nothing! His skin on his body is wrinkly like he is to skinny!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They have loose skin so they can pancake out to bask and puff out in defense so the skin itself isn't a great indicator due to it being so variable. A better measure of weight/health is to use a kitchen scale and just keep a log of weight (in g) so you can watch the trends over time (daily fluctuations are normal).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom