eating pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 4 (ish) month old beardie has been slowing down on his eating recently but now I'm noticing a pattern where he'll eat a good amount (5-10 phoenix worms and 10 or so dubia) but only about every other day. Is this normal? I'm keeping track of his weight and he isn't losing any so far. Thanks!

Beardies can go through a lot of changes with eating. My little guy will sometimes eat less on a certain day, especially after a large meal the other day. As long as he is losing any weight, I think he should be okay.

Can you post your temperatures, and what lights you are using? Also what exactly are you feeding him and is he still pooping normally? That will help in determining if its something else, or just your beardie being a beardie :)

wolffriend

Original Poster
pooping normally. lights are reptisun 10 and 75 watt. temps in basking are around 105, cool side around 80. He's eating phoenix worms and dubia. Lost all interest in crickets a few weeks ago so we moved to those, which he likes (though only about every other day). Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, their appetites will fluctuate so that in itself isn't a big concern. As long as he's alert/active and isn't losing weight then he's probably fine.

Okay, so everything sounds good! He probably isn't very hungry. Beardies can become picky eaters sometimes even if nothing is wrong. As long as the temps are stable, he isn't losing weight and is still pooping I think its okay.
Also be sure to offer a small salad at all times, even though it's not entirely imperative that he eats veggies it is still good to have in there!

If his eating is truly bothering you, you could try some hornworms or waxworms as a treat to see if he is just bored with what is being offered.

Hope this helped :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom