beardie won't eat fruits and veggies 75% of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

OviDear

My beardie, Trex, is 10 years old and has (what appears to be) MBD, I'm doing everything I can for him but it's hard getting him to eat his food. Yesterday he wouldn't eat a mealworm or new treats that I tried to offer him such as a tiny amount of hardboiled egg (when I say tiny I mean TINY :lol: ). Today I got him to eat some insects but now he won't eat his fruits or veggies again. His bowl today consists of Apples, Basil leaves, and a tiny amount of egg. I only got him to eat a very small piece of apple, I'm letting him roam around on the floor and he keeps trying to eat... well... nothing :lol: . I've also tried letting him eat the fruits and veggies first but that didn't work. Is there anyway I could get him to eat his fruits and veggies? :help:

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Well first tell me about his setup. Whats his temperatures, substrate along with what uvb brand he has, tube light, t5 or t8, compacted/coil or MVB. Along with what his usual meal is.

OviDear

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":2qoyjx4d said:
Well first tell me about his setup. Whats his temperatures, substrate along with what uvb brand he has, tube light, t5 or t8, compacted/coil or MVB. Along with what his usual meal is.
He's a rescue and he was originally in sand (which I immediately took out) and it was replaced with newspapers until I get astroturf. The guy I got him from gave me all the things you should never give a beardie, didn't know this stuff until I saw this website, such as a bright red heat light, more sand, he didn't even have a UV bulb or tube! I still need to go out and buy one (I'm younger and don't have a job or a car haha) but for now he goes outside when it's sunny for about 2-3 hours with water and shade (he loves it). I had to get a basking bulb for him because the guy had only given me the red light... He will usually eat basil leaves (daily) apples, grapes, squash, bananas (maybe once a week). I currently do not know his temps but I can show you picture of my setup, idk if that helps...
95358-2543763216.jpg
95358-4220351703.jpg

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Try to get a uvb bulb as soon as you can. But good thing its warm enough to take him outside, Im not sure about basil but if you can collard greens work best... maybe try adding red raspberries to see if he likes those.

OviDear

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":fjrtjy9y said:
Try to get a uvb bulb as soon as you can. But good thing its warm enough to take him outside, Im not sure about basil but if you can collard greens work best... maybe try adding red raspberries to see if he likes those.
I've looked up several times about basil and it's perfectly fine (he seems to digest them while too) I asked for collard greens and mustard greens so he can have a wider variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom