feeder insects

Status
Not open for further replies.

susan1919

Is it ok to use an orange slice as water source for dubia roaches and crickets that will be fed to my dragon? what about unflavored gelatin? Thanks

OviDear

Bearded dragons, like many animals, should stay away from acidic fruit such as oranges, lemons, limes, etc. NEVER feed your feeder insects or your beardie oranges! The acidity from an orange can screw up their digestive system! You should try feeding your feeder insects collard greens and carrots. You could also spray the food with water so they can drink off of the leaves and carrots for extra water.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I offer my dubia roaches orange slices on occasion. I Primarily feed them fresh vegetable scraps. They especially like squash. They also get bananas now and then. They've been going to town on the pumpkin guts left from pumpkin carving. The fresh veges will keep them hydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom