Any Recomondations on Where To Buy Phoenix Worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I'm already feeding Autumn crickets (and fruits and veggies, of course!) but I wanted to make sure that she's eating enough foods that are high enough in calcium. I've heard wonderful things about Pheonix Worms, but are not sure where to buy them. Do pet stores offer good quality worms for beardies? Or is there a website that I can order them online from?

Thanks!
SG

Hi! :D

I order mine from Timberline (they come in cups of 25) or from dubiaroaches.com! If ordering from Timberline, they're called Calciworms, and if ordering from Dubiaroaches.com, they're called Nutrigrubs or Black Soldier Fly Larvae. Dubiaroaches.com also have a variety of cup sizes you can choose, versus having to buy multiple cups of 25 from Timberline. You can also usually find them at Petco, if you prefer not to have them shipped.

(Phoenix worms/calciworms/nutrigrubs are all just Black Soldier Fly Larvae.)

HOWEVER, (I learned this the hard way) make sure you're still dusting your worms, even though they brag about being high in calcium, especially if Autumn is under a year old.

Akire

I recently bought 100 large from phoenixworm.com and have been very happy. The large is a perfectly fine size even for Norbert. They were all alive. Some were black which means they were close to changing and really high in calcium so you want to feed them first. I haven't been keeping mine cool and they are totally fine. I knew 100 wouldn't last very long though.

http://www.phoenixworm.com

AutumnTheBeardie

Original Poster
EsmeraldasMother":1zi69cq2 said:
Hi! :D

I order mine from Timberline (they come in cups of 25) or from dubiaroaches.com! If ordering from Timberline, they're called Calciworms, and if ordering from Dubiaroaches.com, they're called Nutrigrubs or Black Soldier Fly Larvae. Dubiaroaches.com also have a variety of cup sizes you can choose, versus having to buy multiple cups of 25 from Timberline. You can also usually find them at Petco, if you prefer not to have them shipped.

(Phoenix worms/calciworms/nutrigrubs are all just Black Soldier Fly Larvae.)

HOWEVER, (I learned this the hard way) make sure you're still dusting your worms, even though they brag about being high in calcium, especially if Autumn is under a year old.

Hey EsmeraldasMother! Thank you so much, this was so helpful! I will be sure to order some soon! Wow, though, so many names for one tiny worm!

Thanks again!
SG

AutumnTheBeardie

Original Poster
Akire":1skvztwo said:
I recently bought 100 large from phoenixworm.com and have been very happy. The large is a perfectly fine size even for Trico. They were all alive. Some were black which means they were close to changing and really high in calcium so you want to feed them first. I haven't been keeping mine cool and they are totally fine. I knew 100 wouldn't last very long though.

http://www.phoenixworm.com

Thanks! I will definitely look into pheonixworm.com. That's really cool that the dark colored worms are rich in calcium, I'll remember that! Thanks so much.

SG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom