Dubia roaches for BD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardeddragonDino

Hatchling Member
I'm looking to order dubia roaches for my 18" female bearded. What length of roach should I buy and how many would she need a day? (Beardie is 515 ish grams)

LewisBD

Hatchling Member
How old is she? 18 inches and 515 is a pretty large beardie, and it's important to know the age because of the salad/bug ratio as they get older. She can easily have fullgrown male dubias (the winged ones) or XXL.

BeardeddragonDino

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
92676-7519358070.jpg
LewisBD":33k2zbuf said:
How old is she? 18 inches and 515 is a pretty large beardie, and it's important to know the age because of the salad/bug ratio as they get older. She can easily have fullgrown male dubias (the winged ones) or XXL.
I am guessing she is a little over a year, but I'm not sure. She eats her veggies pretty well :)

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
go with the 1 inch dubias or bigger but 1 inch is a good place to start and go from there, my beardie is 13 inches from head to tail she doesn't have any problems eating the 3/4 inch how many will BD eat every day will vary some days she will eat 10 other days 20
what i do i give her 10 when her bowl is empty i drop another 10 what ever she doesn't eat i give that plus some more the next day but i don't drop those roaches back in the bin again.correction go with the xlarge dubias anything bigger then that will cost more money as they will be fully grown or start your own colony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom