New beardie feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyjonas

Hey everyone! I'm new to the fourms and a new beardie owner. The thing is I'm having problems determining his age and his diet. Im no expert but he seems to be around 2 weeks from research. Also a bit of backstory, my sister thought it would be nice to get me a pet for a suprise, i love him but she said feed him 3-4 pinhead or tiny crickets a day. I have pictures but i need help with his age and diet please! He is also about 4ish to 5 inches. (Also his name is Arma)
94693-8444047384.jpg

94693-5438669343.jpg

94693-378081250.jpg

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Wow he is tiny. He needs to be fed all he will eat in 10 to 15 mins a day. About 2 times a day and defiantly no bigger than the space between his eyes. He will also need his feeders dusted with calcium 5x a week once a day.

Tyjonas

Original Poster
destiny1998":u8j10j1j said:
Hi. Wow he is tiny. He needs to be fed all he will eat in 10 to 15 mins a day. About 2 times a day and defiantly no bigger than the space between his eyes. He will also need his feeders dusted with calcium 5x a week once a day.

Thank you! Although how many crickets should i feed him in thos 10 min periods? Just as much as he wants or what? still unknowking of age. I just dont want to over or under feed the poor kid.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
I'd just drop the crickets in one at a time for 10 and if he still seems hungry let him have some more. They can eat 50 or more crickets a day when he gets use to his new home :D

jpolish4

HI there!

I am new like you, and our beardie looks just like yours, and so does his "home".. he just stares at the crickets when we put him in. We've only had a few days, and I am so nervous he's not eating, drinking his water or happy! It's like have my first neworn again all the same worries all over again... We got him for my sons bday and we are all really nervous as to what the right care is for him/her..
any suggestions??
do you take any live crickets out at nighttime??? any other helpful hints? how do i know if he/she is pooping??!! :? :?

Savora

Hatchling Member
Hi! It seems like your beardie doesn't have a quality UVB bulb. I suggest reading this page on the forum; it's not too long of a read, and very informational: https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/newbies-guide-lighting-help/

Your beardie will lose his appetite and develop metabolic bone disease without constant exposure to strong UVB rays, as it's a desert species. The most recommended brands are ReptiSun 10.0 and Arcadia 12%.

But congrats on your new little guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom