good or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LewisBD

Hatchling Member
This stuff isn't the best, live food is much rather preferred. Unless you're stuck in some kind of famine and no online stores have bugs, there's no need to buy/feed this to your beardie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Had to look it up :
Ingredients
Freeze Dried Mealworms, Freeze Dried Crickets, Corn, Potato Starch, Chicken Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Tomato Pomace, Fish Meal, Poultry Fat, Soybean Oil, Fish Oil, Coconut Oil, Potato Protein, Soybean Meal, Fructose, Calcium Carbonate, L-Lysine, Dl-Methionine, Salt, Spirulina Algae, Canthaxanthin, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Streptococcus Faecium Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Dicalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Vitamin E Supplement, Calcium L-Ascorbyl-2-Monophosphate (Stabilized Vitamin C), Ferrous Sulfate, D-Biotin, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Niacinamide, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A Acetate, Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate,, natural and artificial colors, menadione dimethylpyrimidinol bisulfite (source of vitamin K3), vitamin D3 supplement, cobalt sulfate.

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (min) 32%, Crude Fat/Oil (min) 7.5%, Crude Fiber (max) 6.5%, Moisture (max) 9%, Ash (max) 10.5%,Calcium (min)2.25%, Phosphate (min)2%.

anything with freeze dried insects in it and a bunch of fillers like those highlighted , is going to next to worthless nutritionally to your young dragon , bluntly , it's rubbish , expensive rubbish actually and the only place it belongs is in the bin.

Stick with live high quality insects .
Good staple insects
>> BSF maggots
>> blowfly gents
and the pupae and flies , great for hatchlings and juveniles , naturally rich in calcium
>> silkworms
small (1-1.5 inch for sub 3 month olds)
medium (1.5 - 2 inch for larger hatchlings and juveniles)
large ( > 2 inch for beardies older than 12 months.
>> crickets / roaches / locusts , must be gutloaded with calcium rich foods and greens & dusted LIGHTLY with calcium powder.

Repashi GRUBPIE is acceptable as a backup food.

Hard and soft pellets are dubious , ok mixed in as softened croutons through their greens/salad (maybe).

Bites = rubbish food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom