Feeding crickets for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitsune

I've had Pooka for about a month. She's about 6 inches long, and about 4 months old. So far she's been fed dubias, the occasional waxworm, and beardie-appropriate vegetables.

Unfortunately I discovered after coming back from vacation that I'm low on dubias. The soonest I'll be able to get more will be Wednesday. I have enough to feed her tonight and tomorrow morning, and that's probably it.

Of the easily available feeders in my area, crickets are probably my best bet. I tried feeding a few to her once - they moved too fast for her, and the result was they ended up getting out of the tank. Unfortunately they may be my only choice for the next few days - mealworms aren't good for her, and superworms are too big.

Any tips for getting Pooka interested in crickets without driving her human crazy?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can try this....put about 4-5 in a jar with a pinch of calcium powder, shake them up until they're weak + dizzy and drop them right near her. When you shake them hard enough they get slow + dopey. Just keep adding more until she's eaten her fill.

Kitsune

Original Poster
AHBD":3bom2egs said:
You can try this....put about 4-5 in a jar with a pinch of calcium powder, shake them up until they're weak + dizzy and drop them right near her. When you shake them hard enough they get slow + dopey. Just keep adding more until she's eaten her fill.

Thank you, I'll give that a try! I think the speed of the crickets was throwing us both off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom