What veggies can i feed my beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slender

So i have a 5 month old beardie that ive been fesding palida roaches and occasionally superworms so far.But both of these feeders are expensive(at least in my ccountry).So i was wonderig what veggies i can feed him?In my country we do not have mustard greens or collard greens.So can you tell me what staple veggie i can feed him?I heard that carrots w pea beans are good as a staple but theyre calcium phosphorus ratio is bad.Any ideas?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The list posted above is helpful to reference. Which greens do you typically have available? Variety is key so the more variety you can provide the better. I've had good luck offering all different kinds of squash cut up into little worm shapes. My guys also tend to like chopped up green beans and chopped up bell peppers. Combine those with some dark greens and it will provide a good salad.

Slender

Original Poster
ok,ive checked that list a lot,i already knew about it,but i cant really find any dark greens that are good for beardies here.We have kohlrabi leaves which are really close to the nutritional value of collard greens.We also have kale here which is even more like collard greens(given that collard greens are a type of coreless kale,also called marrow stem kale).I fed him bell peepper,i figured out the more or less hard way(considering what a mess the poop was)that youre supposed to peel them before feeding them to your beardie.Also is squash a type of mini pumpkin?i thought its like this yellow fruit thing,kinda like a banana mixed with a wantermellon,but when i google squash it only gives me images and results with these minature pumpkins.We have those pumpkins everywhere here,pretty cheap to,but i dont think theres many countries that dont have pumpkins :1.I really went on a side tangent there huh....well are the greens i talked about above any good as a staple?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Kale is OK when it's combined with a wider variety but on it's own it doesn't have the best calcium to phosphorus ratio. I don't know kohlrabi but if you have it easily available, add it to the salads and see how it goes. There are a lot of different kinds of squash. Some of them are like small pumpkins and can be offered. Also look up acorn squash, spaghetti squash, yellow summer squash and zucchini squash. They are all good options if you can find them. I haven't found an issue offering bell pepper just chopped into small squares without peeling. The digestive issue may be unique to your dragon or something my dragon's haven't had issue with. They're all a bit different so it's good that you are taking cues like that and making adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom