Feeding juvenile bearded dragon out of tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPatrick7102

I got my baby/juvenile bearded dragon 3 weeks ago to this day. She's around 3 months old, 5 inches long (she has a nipped tail and now only half the tail is there. Bought her this way) and weighs about 14 grams. She has been eating good and she is very healthy, but I want to start having a schedule with her and to start feeding her out of the tank. I usually just dump around 30 crickets in her tank in the morning and they are usually gone or mostly gone by the end of the day. I just want to know how to adjust her to getting fed outside of her tank and in a separate feeding container. I tried this yesterday but she was just trying to get out of the feeding container and paid no mind to the crickets. Any tips to get her to cooperate?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Most beardies feel more secure in their own tank rather than a feeding tub. Some just never do adjust to it. I never used a separate tub + have no problems feeding any of my dragons. I think most owners feed them in their tank as well. Maybe if you keep trying, but since he's just a baby you don't wan to stress him too much , esp. while he's small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom