Red capsicum (bell pepper) question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm a new mum to a beautiful 3 month old dragon in Australia, I'm pretty sure she's a girl, she's very pretty! This board has helped me tremendously over the last 2 weeks! I'm still new to this, so is Shinobi, our dragon. She can be a bit flighty, its hard for her being in a new environment with kids and pets etc. But we have all been making her as comfortable as possible.

So far its been a bit of trial and error but we're getting there!
My question is, do I need to remove the skinn of capsicum and other fruits and vegies before offering them? I always mush them up or chopping very finely first and remove skins, but I wanted to know if that's necessary.

Thanks for all your help!!

Shinobismum

Original Poster
kyleena29":21g5wvsh said:
Things like bell pepper you don't need to peel. I would peel apples though but I guess it really depends what you are offering. I think most things you would not need to peel. If you haven't seen this link yet it's a good resource to bookmark.

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Thank you! I did peel an apple yesterday as I wasn't sure but thought it may be too rough for her to digest. I am SO grateful for this forum! I have sat in bed many late nights scrolling through, I'm an anxious dragon mama! We got her for my husband who has been asking me for 8 yrs to get one, I finally caved and I fell in love!! You know the funny part.....she doesn't like my hubby ???? only me!!

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
lol that's funny. Yes, I couldn't stick with just one so I got 2 more later on. Keep up the research. I had 2 beardies before my 3 and I didn't realize how much is involved when things go wrong or how they can go wrong.

Shinobismum

Original Poster
kyleena29":2ozvhi4x said:
lol that's funny. Yes, I couldn't stick with just one so I got 2 more later on. Keep up the research. I had 2 beardies before my 3 and I didn't realize how much is involved when things go wrong or how they can go wrong.

Oh I'm sure we will have 10 by next year! Hahaha and a new puppy! I prefer animals to most humans...lol

Shinobismum

Original Poster
kyleena29":o3m1fd8e said:

We organised it all through our reptile zoo here, they do a lot of conservation and recuse many reptiles. They handmade her enclosure and set it all up for us. They have a semi retail store and are fantastic for newbies like me. They are better than a regular vet as they specialize in lizards. They always say to go to them before the vet, may be something simple that can be fixed easily. It makes me feel a lot safer ?

Shinobismum

Original Poster
kyleena29":cu5fpj28 said:
What a great resource to have, if only the rest of us could be so lucky.

So I spent half an hour (very!) finely chopping 1 red capsicum....she absolutely devoured it! She ate twice what she would grated carrot or leaves! She even chased some that fell loose! She doesn't even chase crickets in her tank! She has a feeding box! I'm SO glad I found something she loves, its hard having a baby again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom