Dubia Roach Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardeddragonDino

Hatchling Member
I'm looking to switch my beard over to dubia roaches. Does anyone know of any place that I can buy them or order them? Also, my beardie is an adult and i was wondering if she can eat adult roaches or if they will be too large... how many should i feed her?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I have bought from this place several times in the past.
https://store.kfcfeeders.com/

I would try out a few large, sub adult and adult roaches and she how she does with them. Some can be pretty picky. She can probably have 2-3 adults a few times a week with the rest of the time on salads.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good advice. Their appetites vary but my adult will go through maybe 5-10 large roaches once a week or so. He mainly eats a variety of salads as that should be the primary food source for an adult.

BeardeddragonDino

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":bzfqof7z said:
That's good advice. Their appetites vary but my adult will go through maybe 5-10 large roaches once a week or so. He mainly eats a variety of salads as that should be the primary food source for an adult.

So it's ok if they are bigger then the space between the eyes? I don't want an impaxtion ☹️

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That doesn't apply as much to adult dragons. They are also pretty good at chewing up the roaches. Just watch closely and if they have an issue handling the roaches, step down a size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom