Butterworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,
I give my beardie a mix of dubias and BSFL occasionally crickets. Wanted to know if butterworms is good to feed him? If so, where do you buy your butterworms? Trying to offer a variety for him.

LewisBD

Hatchling Member
Reptilelady":r206sd98 said:
Hello everyone,
I give my beardie a mix of dubias and BSFL occasionally crickets. Wanted to know if butterworms is good to feed him? If so, where do you buy your butterworms? Trying to offer a variety for him.

Butterworms arekind of a 'healthierish' waxie. You can buy them online at rainbowmealworms.com or dubiaroaches.com (I think).

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok so its better to get them smaller quantities and use as treats basically? Also, hornworms are okay to feed to 4/5 month beardie?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Yes, I would start with the smallest size. They grow extremely fast. You can let them grow for a day or two if they are too small, plus you get more count with smaller sizes for the price. If you want to slow down their growth you can put them in a cooler place like a wine cooler, not the fridge though it can kill them. You can keep butterworms in the warmest spot of the fridge though.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
If you want the hornworms to grow fast you can keep them in a warm place, like the cool end of your enclosure (80s degrees)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom