Help! Picky Bearded Dragons!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Hello, My BD's are very picky. They don't like greens, pellets, or this new food that's by zoomed. It is natural it has mealworms, blue berries, rose petals, alfalfa, and all the minerals and vitamins they need. I would really like to get them to eat it, but how? I have tried many different ways. I put it in with mixed veggies and they wouldn't touch it. And they love the mixed veggies! And i tried it alone they still won't touch it. I tried hand feeding it as well still no success! So how do i get them on it? And what are some good staple bug feeders?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. How old are they? Mine won't eat it unless they move. They need live bugs not processed junk. Crickets, dubia, silk and Phoenix worms are all good.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Liz is 5 years old, Lyra is 2 years old coming up on 3, and Lou is 2 years old coming up on 3 as well.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Crickets gave my BD worms. I don't have proof of this. But it was the most likely cause. Thank you for the other recommendations! I will try them to see if they like them. But they also need greens. So how do i do that?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
What I do is greens in the mornings. That way if its a protein day then for sure they've had their salad.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi, Sorry for the late reply. I am sorry if i wasn't clear, they won't eat their greens like they are supposed to. And I was wondering how to get them on food like that? :D

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Since they are adults you can hold out on the protein for a few days. I've learned they will eat and not starve themselves.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i have tried that, i generally don't go past a week. They know that i will give in eventually, so they just sit there and refuse to eat anything green. I try not to feed them very many worms, maybe once to twice a week. Is once to twice a week to much or to little? It also depends if i have worms or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom