Godzilla won't eat veges. Help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All. Godzilla lives in zimbabwe and she lives at a backpackers lodge in Victoria Falls. She was a bit neglected until I showed up - as a long term guest - to give her some love! She had a tiny box cage screwed to a wall, with nowhere to hide or hibernate and no-one liked her. She was being fed on crickets/locusts and occasional lettuce only by the staff. So I built her a huge 5 foot high 3 storey cage with ladders and different environments on each level, and a special hiding place to hibernate. Now she's come to life and is a completely new Godzilla. BUT...feeding is a problem as I can not get her to eat any vegetables and I read on this site that adults SHOULD be eating 80% veges and 20% wildlife! I've tried all kinds of foods I can buy locally: cooked squash, rocket, spinach and leaves of all kinds, tomatoes, and much more. She just turns her head away and refuses to eat. I persuaded her to eat a couple of pieces of banana, but I read that this is an 'occasional food' only. Her poo is 90% white thick liquid and I read this is insect skeletons. The staff here only catch insects occasionally and they're not here all year, so I MUST find a vegetable solution so they can feed her properly when I'm gone. I'd REALLY appreciate some help! Thanks to all.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like you've improved her situation quite a bit, thanks for that! If she isn't used to a balanced diet, it can be tough to get her moved to it. It's possible she has a parasite load causing digestive issues as well but that's tough to say without having a fecal test done. Getting her set up with proper lighting and temperatures should help her manage it though unless a vet service is available. How is her weight? Can you post some photos of her? If her weight is good, she may just need some tough love to get used to salads. Just offer her salads for a week or two and see if she starts to dig in. If her weight is low or if her fat reserves are depleted, I'd instead offer whatever she will take until she is back up to a healthy weight. You can also offer her extra water by dripping it on her nose to lick up. Hydration may help her feel better too. You can try offering raw chopped up squash too. I've had good luck with that. This is a good list to reference for salad ideas, but mostly go by whatever you can get that looks fresh and offer as much variety as you can http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom