The diet of a 1 year old bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone!

Out of curiosity I wanted to see what the diet should be like for a 1 year old female bearded dragon?
The reason I ask is because my bearded is just a flat out pig lol She is left with a heaping salad bowl every morning that she devours. Then she eats about 15 worms in one sitting when I get home from work (before I cut her off)
The scary thing, is I am pretty sure she would just keep eating the worms. I do not think that she knows her limits.

I guess my main question. Is it okay to give her a heaping salad in the morning and then the 10-15 worms or other feeder after work daily? Or should I still be giving her two feeds of bugs a day? She has not grown in months, even when I had her on her normal 2-3 feeds a day. So I assume she doesn't need as much as a growing beardy.

She has had a spike in appetite lately though. For a solid 3-4 months she would strictly eat veggies. Had little to no interest in bugs. Now all the sudden she is slurping them down until she is a balloon! (Well I don't let her eat that much but I am sure she would if I let her!)
I do not see how she could grow anymore, is a spike in appetite a possible sign of eggs developing?

Thanks guys!

LewisBD

Hatchling Member
PoohBearThePerilous":1to8x6uq said:
Hello Everyone!

Out of curiosity I wanted to see what the diet should be like for a 1 year old female bearded dragon?
The reason I ask is because my bearded is just a flat out pig lol She is left with a heaping salad bowl every morning that she devours. Then she eats about 15 worms in one sitting when I get home from work (before I cut her off)
The scary thing, is I am pretty sure she would just keep eating the worms. I do not think that she knows her limits.

I guess my main question. Is it okay to give her a heaping salad in the morning and then the 10-15 worms or other feeder after work daily? Or should I still be giving her two feeds of bugs a day? She has not grown in months, even when I had her on her normal 2-3 feeds a day. So I assume she doesn't need as much as a growing beardy.

She has had a spike in appetite lately though. For a solid 3-4 months she would strictly eat veggies. Had little to no interest in bugs. Now all the sudden she is slurping them down until she is a balloon! (Well I don't let her eat that much but I am sure she would if I let her!)
I do not see how she could grow anymore, is a spike in appetite a possible sign of eggs developing?

Thanks guys!

Starting at around a year, you want mostly veggies in her diet. Don't feed her 2-3 bug feedings a day, that's too much. If she's starting to get fat, feed her bugs every third day, and provide salad everyday.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My gang from 1 year old were getting
>>> 1 feed of insects per day (crickets and silkworms as staples , occasional superworms as treats)
and 1 feed of greens per day.
At 1 year old bearded dragons were growing strongly still.

referring to my log : 14 x 2/3 size crickets + 2 med-large silkworms each per day + greens.
Peppa was 466g and Toothless 345g at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom