The diet of a 1 year old bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone!

Out of curiosity I wanted to see what the diet should be like for a 1 year old female bearded dragon?
The reason I ask is because my bearded is just a flat out pig lol She is left with a heaping salad bowl every morning that she devours. Then she eats about 15 worms in one sitting when I get home from work (before I cut her off)
The scary thing, is I am pretty sure she would just keep eating the worms. I do not think that she knows her limits.

I guess my main question. Is it okay to give her a heaping salad in the morning and then the 10-15 worms or other feeder after work daily? Or should I still be giving her two feeds of bugs a day? She has not grown in months, even when I had her on her normal 2-3 feeds a day. So I assume she doesn't need as much as a growing beardy.

She has had a spike in appetite lately though. For a solid 3-4 months she would strictly eat veggies. Had little to no interest in bugs. Now all the sudden she is slurping them down until she is a balloon! (Well I don't let her eat that much but I am sure she would if I let her!)
I do not see how she could grow anymore, is a spike in appetite a possible sign of eggs developing?

Thanks guys!

LewisBD

Hatchling Member
PoohBearThePerilous":1to8x6uq said:
Hello Everyone!

Out of curiosity I wanted to see what the diet should be like for a 1 year old female bearded dragon?
The reason I ask is because my bearded is just a flat out pig lol She is left with a heaping salad bowl every morning that she devours. Then she eats about 15 worms in one sitting when I get home from work (before I cut her off)
The scary thing, is I am pretty sure she would just keep eating the worms. I do not think that she knows her limits.

I guess my main question. Is it okay to give her a heaping salad in the morning and then the 10-15 worms or other feeder after work daily? Or should I still be giving her two feeds of bugs a day? She has not grown in months, even when I had her on her normal 2-3 feeds a day. So I assume she doesn't need as much as a growing beardy.

She has had a spike in appetite lately though. For a solid 3-4 months she would strictly eat veggies. Had little to no interest in bugs. Now all the sudden she is slurping them down until she is a balloon! (Well I don't let her eat that much but I am sure she would if I let her!)
I do not see how she could grow anymore, is a spike in appetite a possible sign of eggs developing?

Thanks guys!

Starting at around a year, you want mostly veggies in her diet. Don't feed her 2-3 bug feedings a day, that's too much. If she's starting to get fat, feed her bugs every third day, and provide salad everyday.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My gang from 1 year old were getting
>>> 1 feed of insects per day (crickets and silkworms as staples , occasional superworms as treats)
and 1 feed of greens per day.
At 1 year old bearded dragons were growing strongly still.

referring to my log : 14 x 2/3 size crickets + 2 med-large silkworms each per day + greens.
Peppa was 466g and Toothless 345g at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom