Won't eat her veggies anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
So Gretchen decided recently she didn't want to eat veggies. Or at least not nearly as much as she use to. She eat a few things here and there. My worry is she's not getting enough water now. She gets baths ever other day and misted in between those days. Any tips on getting her to like her veggies again?? Thx everyone ?

What foods did your dragon used to eat?

Variation is good. Like humans, beardies get bored when offered the same thing every single day. Try mixing in something new, for a different taste. Or, if your dragon is old enough to have them, scatter a few appropriately sized phoenix/wax worms onto the salad. That should get her interested! Mealworms could work too, though they're not as nutritious and harder to digest :)

I like to mix colourful veg into the leafy greens, to draw the lizard's attention. Baby sweet peppers, for example, and very occasionally slivers of carrot or tomato. Sometimes fruit, as a treat; strawberry and mango were Ginger's favourites. She liked pansy flowers, as well: they come in many vibrant colours, so I used to rip up the petals and mix those in the salad. That said, Ginger was always a voracious eater! Yellow was her favourite-coloured food - which led to an interesting incident with a dropped rubber glove :lol:

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
daughterofMyou":1ytsujla said:
What foods did your dragon used to eat?

Variation is good. Like humans, beardies get bored when offered the same thing every single day. Try mixing in something new, for a different taste. Or, if your dragon is old enough to have them, scatter a few appropriately sized phoenix/wax worms onto the salad. That should get her interested! Mealworms could work too, though they're not as nutritious and harder to digest :)

I like to mix colourful veg into the leafy greens, to draw the lizard's attention. Baby sweet peppers, for example, and very occasionally slivers of carrot or tomato. Sometimes fruit, as a treat; strawberry and mango were Ginger's favourites. She liked pansy flowers, as well: they come in many vibrant colours, so I used to rip up the petals and mix those in the salad. That said, Ginger was always a voracious eater! Yellow was her favourite-coloured food - which led to an interesting incident with a dropped rubber glove :lol:

This is what I give her. I switch it up every few days but the run down is chard (rainbow or swiss) kale (sometimes) other greens in spring mix except spinach, romaine and never iceberg. Grated carrots apples zucchini butternut squash apples blueberries. Strawberries or raspberries sometimes and watermelon and cucumbers. I've tried mealworms and Gretchen legit paws them out lol she eats a few bites here and there just not enough. She's in great shape just annoyed mostly that she just switched like a light went off
full

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She use to ear just spring mix and blueberries. Once she got sick of that I started experimenting with other stuff. And no luck since. ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom